If you have your computer protected using the McAfee antivirus software, you can manage the program using your McAfee online account. From this account, you can renew your subscription, extend the coverage of your protection plan and more. In this guide, we will explain the McAfee login process so you too can benefit from the McAfee online features.
McAfee Login Step-by-step Instructions
- Open your web browser and go to the official McAfee website at www.mcafee.com.
- Look in the top right-hand corner for the small icon of a person next to the words “My Account”.
- Click on this area to reveal a drop down menu.
- Select the “Sign In” option on the “My Account” drop down menu.
- Type the email address associated with your McAfee account into the first box.
- Enter the password you use for your McAfee account into the second box.
- Select the box next to the words “Remember Me” if you want to remain logged in to your McAfee account. Only do this if you are on your own personal computer that is not shared with others.
- Click on the blue “Log In” button at the bottom of the McAfee login area.
McAfee Login Guidelines for Mobile Access
You can also manage your McAfee account using a mobile device. To reach the online account manager, you will need to follow these steps:
- Open your browser app
- Open the official McAfee website, www.mcafee.com from your browser
- Tap the “Sign In” option from the McAfee login menu
- Write your McAfee login credentials
- Tap the “Sign In” button to enter your account.
There is a McAfee app developed both for Android and iOS devices. However, this app does not allow you to manage your McAfee antivirus account. These are the McAfee mobile security apps. They work as mobile antivirus software. If you are interested in protecting your phone or tablet using the McAfee mobile security app, you can learn more about it at www.mcafeemobilesecurity.com. If you decide to download the McAfee mobile security app, you can manage the app using the same McAfee login procedure described earlier.
McAfee Login Difficulties
The most common issue, and probably the easiest one to solve is forgetting your password. If you cannot remember your password click on the “Forgot password” link on the McAfee login page. You will then have to fill in the email address associated with your McAfee account. You should receive a temporary password on your email. This will allow you to enter your account and reset your password. The temporary password will expire in 72 hours, or after you use it.
If you cannot access your McAfee account for some other reason, you should contact McAfee customer service. You can find the McAfee customer service contact details at the bottom of the McAfee login page.
McAfee Account Access – Useful Info & Links
For more information about the McAfee login procedure and common issues, visit the FAQ page available at www.mcafee.com. If you are interested in the McAfee mobile security app, visit the dedicated website, www.mcafeemobilesecurity.com.
To get in touch with a McAfee customer service representative, visit the McAfee customer service page at www.mcafee.com. You can then see your contact options.