LinkedIn is a form of social media that allows professionals to network with others within their industries. Logging in to your LinkedIn account lets you upload your resume, talk to other professionals, and make connections.
Our article will guide you through each step of the login and help you to solve some common login errors. We will even give you the contact information for LinkedIn, so you can get more in-depth help. Keep reading to find out everything you need to know about the LinkedIn login process.
LinkedIn Login Step-by-step Instructions
LinkedIn has a very clear, simple website that makes it very efficient to login to your account. To access your LinkedIn account from a computer, all you need to do is follow these easy steps:
1. Open your preferred web browser and type www.linkedin.com into the address bar.
2. Click the enter key to load the LinkedIn homepage.
3. Look at the top of the homepage to find a login area. Do not confuse the login area with the registration area in the middle of the page.
4. Type the email associated with your LinkedIn account into the field in the login area that is labeled “Email”.
5. Enter the password that you selected for your LinkedIn account into the password box located to the right of the email field within the login area.
6. Click on the grey button that is located in the upper right hand corner and that says “Sign In.”
LinkedIn Login Guidelines for Mobile Access
The basic login guide will work in a mobile web browser, but it can be a little inefficient. Logging in to LinkedIn gets even easier when you download the app onto your phone. Follow these guides to sign into the mobile app for LinkedIn.
LinkedIn Login Instructions on iOS
1. Get the LinkedIn app for iPhones from the iTunes app store.
2. Finish installing the app on your phone, and then click the blue and white icon to open the app.
3. Type the email address for your account into the first blank field.
4. Add your password in the second blank field.
5. Click the blue button that says “Sign In.”
LinkedIn Login Instructions on Android
1. Find the LinkedIn app page on the Google Play store and download it onto your Android phone.
2. Tap the light blue icon that says “in” to open the app on your phone.
3. Enter your email address into the top empty box.
4. Write your password in the second empty box.
5. Tap the blue “Sign In” button.
LinkedIn Login Difficulties
Even if you forget your password, you can still login to LinkedIn by clicking the “Forgot password” link in their login area. You may also have trouble logging in if you have dual LinkedIn accounts. The company recommends that you merge your accounts if this occurs. If you encounter any other issues, you can try asking a question on the LinkedIn Help forum to get assistance from other users who have encountered the same errors.
LinkedIn Account Access – Useful Info & Links
If you want to find out more about how LinkedIn works, you can check out their informative Help Center. You can also contact them directly for more assistance. Once you are logged in, you can fill out the LinkedIn contact form to get help from the company. To talk to them without logging in, you can call the company at 1-650-687-3600 or send them a message over Twitter or Facebook.