Facebook may be one of the most popular forms of social media, but many people find they need to take a break. It is rather easy to temporarily deactivate a Facebook account, but truly deleting it can be more difficult. Instead of just clicking a few buttons, you will need to send a deletion request to Facebook. Our article will show you how to delete a Facebook account for good. This process will permanently delete your Facebook account, not just deactivate it.
How to Delete a Facebook Account: Step-by-step Instructions
1. Open a web browser and go to www.facebook.com.
2. Login to your account if you are not already signed in. You can skip this step if you have previously signed in to Facebook from your computer.
3. Go to Settings –> General –> Manage Account
4. Click the “Request Account Deletion” button.
5. Enter your Facebook password to confirm you are authorized to make changes to the account.
6. Type in the Captcha text to show you are not a bot.
7. Click the “Ok” button.
8. Avoid logging in for 14 days.
Even if you have chosen to delete your Facebook account permanently, you can still complete the Facebook login procedure to reactivate your account within two weeks.
Please keep in mind that after the two weeks have elapsed, you cannot access your account again. All data associated with the account will be deleted from Facebook servers within 90 days, and you will not be able to login to your account or access your data after that.
If you are not sure you are ready to delete a Facebook account, you can also deactivate your Facebook account for a while.
If you would like to find out more about how the Facebook account deletion process works, you can contact them through the Facebook Help Center.