Though Uber is one of the most popular rideshare apps, some customers find that they no longer want to keep the app. Whether you are an Uber rider or an Uber driver, it is easy to remove an unwanted account. In this article, we will show you how to delete an Uber account. You can follow these steps from any sort of smartphone to close your account with Uber.
How to Delete an Uber Account: Step-by-step Instructions
1. Open the app on your phone by tapping the U icon.
2. Click the menu icon to open up a list of app options.
3. Select the “Settings” tab at the bottom of the menu.
4. Click the “Privacy Settings” option at the bottom of the settings area.
5. Select the “Delete Account” menu option found on the left side of the page.
6. Enter your email address and click the next button.
7. Type your Uber password and click the “Next” button.
8. Write “Yes” in the text box asking if you want to delete your account.
9. Provide a reason for the deletion if you would like to.
10. Click “Delete” to confirm your decision.
11. Uninstall the app from your phone if desired.
Your account will be deactivated as so you finish these steps. You can login during the next 30 days if you change your mind. After this waiting period, your account will be deactivated. If you would like to learn more about how the Uber account deletion process works, contact the company through their Help page. Uber support can also be contacted by sending a Tweet to their Twitter page.