Tinder is a mobile dating app that only matches you with people who are also interested in you. Swiping right and left on potential matches can be fun and addictive, but not everyone needs Tinder. Whether you have found your long-term match or are just tired of the mobile dating scene, there may come a time when you want to learn how to delete a Tinder account.
When you are ready to get rid of your Tinder account, follow these steps to remove the account.
Image by pixabay
How to Delete a Tinder Account: Step-by-Step Instructions
Image by pixabay
1. Tap the fire icon on your phone to open Tinder and login to your account.
2. Bring up the settings area by tapping the gear icon in the upper left hand corner.
3. Choose the “App Settings” option.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the menu to tap the “Delete Account” button.
5. Read all the information about what happens when you delete the account and then tap “Delete” to confirm it.
6. Uninstall the app from your phone.
7. Go to Facebook on a phone or computer and login to your account.
8. Click the icon of a gear on your Facebook page to go to the settings area.
9. Pick “Privacy” and then “Privacy Setting and Tools.”
10. Click the “Apps” option and find “Tinder” in the list of apps.
11. Click “Edit” and then choose the “Remove App” option.
12. Confirm deletion by clicking “Remove.”
With these steps, your Tinder account will be removed for good, and you will need to recreate it from scratch if you want to use Tinder again. The slightly long process is required because if you stop at step number 6, your account will still be viewable. If you have any more questions about how the Tinder deletion process works, you can message Tinder support for assistance.