Unfortunately, it can be quite hard to delete your Playstation account. Many people discover this when they want to beat a gaming addiction or even just create a new account name. Our guide will teach you how to delete a PSN account. Follow these steps to remove your personal info from Playstation and disable account access.
How to Delete a PSN Account: Step-by-step Instructions
1. Go to the Sony Entertainment login page and enter your email address and password to login to your Playstation account.
2. Select “Options” and then go to the”Edit Profile” subsection of the Options page.
3. Change your real name, account image, and email to something inaccurate to remove the personal information associated with your PSN account. This will prevent anyone from being able to associate the PSN account with you anymore.
4. Save this information and exit the Playstation website.
5. Call Sony Customer service at 1-800-345-SONY.
6. Tell them that you would like to have your account permanently disabled. They may try to offer other solutions, but if you just repeat that you want to disable your account, Sony Customer Service will eventually comply.
7. Provide any necessary information to confirm your identity.
8. Check your account once the account disabling is confirmed by trying to login to it again. You should no longer be able to login to that account, and you or anyone else will not be able to use that username to create a new account.
If you run into any problems while deleting your account information, you have a few options for getting help. Playstation recommends that you message their official support account on Twitter. You can also click the “Live Chat” button on their support page to talk directly to a customer support representative.