In this article, we will teach you how to delete a Microsoft account. Fortunately, the entire account deletion process is very quick and easy with Microsoft.
Microsoft accounts are used to control your subscription with all the Microsoft services, including Xbox and Microsoft office. However, if you are no longer using the Microsoft products, having an account can become unnecessary or inconvenient. Closing a Microsoft account lets you keep your personal privacy and stop using the account.
How to Delete a Microsoft Account: Step-by-step Instructions
1. Open your web browser and go to the Microsoft Accounts page.
3. Pick the “Security” tab in the menu.
4. Click on the “More Security Options” link in the drop down menu.
5. Input the security code emailed or texted to you if necessary. You may be able to skip this step depending on your security settings.
6. Select the “More security settings” area of the security options menu.
7. Click the “Close my account” button at the bottom of the page.
8. Read through the information about what you need to do before closing your account. Follow any of this advice necessary, such as unsubscribing to servies, and then click the “Next” button.
9. Put a checkmark in each box to confirm that you read and understood what happens when you close your account.
10. Click on “Mark account for closure” to confirm your decision.
If you have a parent account with a child account, please note that you cannot close it until you move the child account to a new parent account or close it. You will also have to make sure you pay any existing subscriptions before closing the account. After closing it, you will have 60 days to change your mind and reactivate it before all information is lost.
If you encounter any issues, contact Microsoft support for assistance.