Whether you are a driver or a rider with Lyft, you may find yourself wanting to delete your account for security reasons. Lyft does not have any specific deletion form you can use to get rid of your account. Instead, you will need to contact them directly and ask them to remove it. In our guide to how to delete a Lyft account, we will show you the most effective way of getting Lyft to close your account.
How to Delete a Lyft Account: Step-by-step Instructions
3. Enter your email address into the top field so Lyft can get in touch with you about the account deletion.
4. Write “Delete my Lyft account” in the subject line.
5. Include your phone number so Lyft can contact you easier.
6. Pick your status as a driver or rider from the drop down menu.
7. Write “Please delete my Lyft account” and include the phone number linked to the account in the box labeled “Additional details.” You can add your reason for this request if desired, but that is not necessary.
8. Click the reCAPTCHA box to confirm that you are not a bot.
9. Select the “Submit” button.
10. Wait until Lyft contacts you, and provide any further identification or confirmation needed to remove the account.
Make sure you wait until Lyft pays you any money it owes you before you close your account. If you are not getting a timely response from their support team, you can call the company at 855-865-9553. This more direct approach takes a little extra time, but it helps confirm that you are indeed deleting your account. Once the account is deleted, remember to remove it from your list of apps linked to Facebook.