In this article, we will show you how to delete a LinkedIn account permanently. LinkedIn is a website that attempts to combine social media strategies with business networking. Users can create a profile that lets them connect with others in their industry, but not every LinkedIn user enjoys the site.
If you decide that LinkedIn is not for you, it is wise to delete your account instead of leaving up an unused profile.
How to Delete a LinkedIn Account: Step-by-Step Instructions
1. Go to the official LinkedIn website and sign in to your account if it is not already logged in.
2. Hover your mouse cursor over your profile image. This image may either be a picture of you or a grey silhouette, depending on your account settings.
3. Click the “Privacy and Settings” option on the drop down menu that shows up when you put your mouse on the profile.
4. Choose the “Accounts” tab on the privacy and settings page.
5. Click the “Subscriptions” area.
6. Select the “Closing your LinkedIn account” link.
7. Pick a reason for why you are closing your account.
8. Click on the “Next” button.
9. Confirm that you have authorization to close the account by typing in your LinkedIn password.
10. Click “Close Account” to finish deleting the account.
Keep in mind that your profile might still show up in search engines for a few weeks, so you might want to delete information and pictures manually before closing the account. You will also need to pay any bills for a premium membership before closing your account. You can reopen your account within 20 days of deleting it, but after that, it will be gone for good.
For more help with LinkedIn account deletion, fill out their contact form.