Since your Xbox account is used to store subscription information, contact lists, and gaming data, it is very important to be able to access your account. If a forgotten password is preventing you from using your Xbox account, do not worry. Xbox lets users reset their passwords anytime the user forgets the password.
In this article, we will provide you step-by-step instructions on how to change your Xbox password. We also include Xbox contact information, just in case you have questions about the process of changing your password.
How to Change Your Xbox Password: Step-by-step Instructions
1. Visit the Microsoft account recovery website. You will be using this to reset your password because Xbox is a Microsoft service.
2. Click the “I forgot my password” button and then click the “Next” button.
6. Choose the way you would like to have your security code sent to you and click “Next.”
7. Retrieve your security code by answering a security question or logging in to your secondary email account.
8. Enter the security code on the Microsoft website.
9. Choose your new password.
10. Save your new password.
Remember that you will need to recover your email address first if you have also forgotten this login information. For those who need more help using the password recovery website, Microsoft has created a help article on the subject.
If you are still having trouble figuring out how to reset your password, you should get in touch with customer support for Xbox users. Xbox support can be contacted by calling 800-469-9269 or by filling out a contact form online.