In addition to being a web search engine, Google is also an email provider who offers free emails for people with their Gmail service. Google is devoted to making technological products that anyone can use, so it is no surprise that the Gmail account login procedure is very fast and easy to understand. This article will give you every step you need to login to Gmail to read or send an email.
Gmail Login Step-by-step Instructions
- Open your browser and go to Google mail. Depending on your web browser, this may automatically load the Gmail account login page, or you might need to click the “Sign in” button in the top, right hand corner of the webpage.
- Type your Google Account username into the first box. This username will be the email address that is associated with your Gmail account.
- Input the password that you use for your Gmail account.
- Click “Sign in”. At this point, you will be logged in to your Gmail account, unless you have previously told Google that you want the website to ask for 2-step verification.
- Check your phone for the two-step verification code that Google will send to you.
- Input this code, which should be a six digit code, into the “Enter code:” box.
- Click “Verify”, and you will gain access to your account.
Gmail Login Guidelines for Mobile Access
As a company, Gmail is devoted to providing maximum accessibility for their users, so they offer free apps for both iPhone and Android users.
Gmail Login Instructions on iOS
- Download the Gmail app by going toÂ iTunes.
- Tap the red and white Gmail icon after the app is done installing.
- Input your Gmail username into the first box when the app starts up.
- Input your Gmail password into the second box.
- Click “Sign In” if you do not use 2-step verification with your Gmail account login. If you do use 2-step verification, trying to sign in at this point will just give you an error message.
- Generate your iOS app specific password.
- Input the special, 16 digit, verified passcode into the box that asks for a password.
- Click “Sign In”.
Gmail Login Instructions on Android
- Go to the Play StoreÂ to download the official Gmail app. Follow the prompts to install the app.
- Click the Gmail icon, which is shaped like a red and white envelope, on your home screen.
- Type the email used for your Gmail into the box that asks for your username.
- Input your Gmail password into the second box. If you do not use 2-step verification with your Google account, skip to Step 7.
- Keep in mind that you cannot use your normal password for Gmail mobile login if you use the 2-step verification process. You will have to generate a special password by going to theÂ app password pageÂ in a web browser.
- Input the specially generated password for your individual device.
- Click on the “Sign in” button.
Gmail Login Difficulties
If other people have signed in to different Gmail accounts from your browser, you may notice that Google is automatically filling in the wrong username when you go to the sign in page. If this happens, click on the “Sign in with a different account” link to go back to the normal login page. Google also offers aÂ Gmail account recovery serviceÂ if you are having trouble remembering your username or password for the Gmail account login. Users should know that if, for any reason, they wish to delete their gmail account the process is equally accessible.
Account access – Useful Info & Links
If you need any further assistance signing in to your Gmail account, you can check out theÂ Gmail help centerÂ to learn more about how to use Google’s email services. This useful help center can also teach you about how to actually read, sort, write, and send emails through the Gmail web client.