With a Yahoo account, you have access to email and other Yahoo services, but it is a little more difficult to login if you do not remember your password. Fortunately, the Yahoo reset services keep you from being permanently locked out of your account. A few simple steps allow you to regain access to your account even without a password. If you forgot Yahoo password, you can reset it by following the instructions in this article.
How to Reset Your Yahoo Password: Step-by-step Instructions
- Go toÂ www.yahoo.comÂ and click on the “Sign In” button.
- Click the “Trouble signing in?” link below the blue button labeled “Next”.
- Choose the “I don’t remember my password” option.
- Enter the email address for your account. Click “Next”.
- Choose your password recovery option. The three choices are a mobile phone number, an alternate email address, and answering questions.
- Enter the phone number or alternate email linked to your account and click the “send me a code” button if your Yahoo account was set up with these recovery options.
- Check your phone or email for the code, input the code into the verification box, and click “Verify”.
- Answer the security questions correctly if you do not have a phone number or email inked to your account.
- Follow the prompts to create a new password after completing the recovery option process.
Getting a new password if you forgot Yahoo password is a little complicated because Yahoo has a lot of extra security. Be patient while going through the steps to verify your identity and reset your password. If you cannot remember your secret question answers, Yahoo may require you to sign in to your Facebook account for further verification. You can check out theÂ Yahoo account help pageÂ if you need more information or want to speak to a Yahoo representative.