Hotmail is an email service that has been absorbed by the Microsoft company. It is now referred to as Outlook, so Hotmail users who need a password reset will have to do so through the Microsoft Outlook password reset page. This will take several steps because Microsoft has very strict security. If you forgot Hotmail password, read this article to learn how to reset it.
How to Reset Your Hotmail Password: Step-by-step Instructions
- Go toÂ account.live.comÂ to directly reach the password reset area. If you realize that you forgot your password while signing in, you can just select the “Forgot my password” link on the sign in page to get to the same password reset page.
- Choose the reason that you need a password reset, which is normally just that you forgot Â Hotmail password, and click “Next”.
- Type your Hotmail email address into the box that asks for your Microsoft account password.
- Enter the characters shown into the second box to confirm you are not a bot. Click “Next”.
- Choose an option, such as an alternate email address or a phone number, and you will get a security code sent to you, and click “Next”.
- Enter the security code once you receive it, and you will then be ableÂ to reset your password.
It will still be possible to reset your password even if you do not have any way of receiving the security code. However, Microsoft will require you to fill out a lengthy questionnaire, and then there will be a 30 day waiting period before you gain access to your Hotmail account again. If you have trouble passing the security requirements, it may be helpful to look atÂ Microsoft Support’s section on security and password resets.