Gmail is one of the most popular email service providers because it provides a streamlined interface for sending and receiving emails. Your Google password is the key security feature that ensures only you can access those emails. However, you may need to change this password if you forget it or feel like its security has been compromised. If you are interested in changing your Gmail password, you can read this article to learn how to reset Gmail password.
How to Reset Gmail Password: Step-by-step Instructions
- Go to mail.google.com to sign in to your Gmail account.
- Click the link that says “I don’t know my password” if you forgot your Gmail password.
- Enter your email address into the box.
- Follow the account recovery instructions. You may need to answer security questions or type in a verification code that received via text.
- Click your profile picture in the top, right hand corner of your Gmail account if you wish to change your password after logging in.
- Click the “My Account” button and then choose the “Signing in to Google” link underneath the “Sign-in & Security” box.
- Select the “Password” option to reset your password.
- Type in your new Gmail password and click on “Change Password”.
Regardless of whether you want to change your password or cannot remember it, you will have to choose a new password. It is also wise to occasionally reset it to maintain your account security. No matter what your situation is, this is how to reset Gmail password.
If you have any further questions about how the Gmail password reset works, you can look at their help center. The Gmail Help Center provides many useful tutorials, and you can talk to a Gmail expert if you need more advice. You can also read about how to sign in to another Gmail account as a different user.