The E-Trade website is a very useful tool for self-directed investors. It provides people with online discount stock brokerage services, and some also use E-Trade for retirement accounts. If you use the E-Trade services, you will need to be able to login to their website. Logging in lets you manage your investments, view account balances, and make changes to your E-Trade account. Once you have your E-Trade login username and password, you are ready to sign in to your account. In this article, you can find easy instructions to accessing your E-Trade account.
E-Trade Login Step-by-step Instructions
- Enter the E-Trade official website, us.etrade.com into your web browser.
- Click the purple and white sign in button in the upper right hand corner. It will say “Log on” and contain a silhouetted profile of a person.
3. Type the User ID for your E-Trade account on the line that says “User ID.”
4. Write your E-Trade account login password on the line that says “Password.”
5. Select the area of the website you would like to access from the drop down menu below the password line. It will default you to the “Accounts” area if you do not choose another option.
6. Put a checkmark in the “Remember my user ID” box to have the website store your login information on your current device. Only do this step when using a private computer.
7. Click the purple button that says “Log on.”
E-Trade Login Guidelines for Mobile Access
In this first sections, we will show you one way to access your E-Trade account using a mobile device.
- Open your browser app.
- Enter the E-Trade website at us.etrade.com. The mobile us.etrade.com site will load automatically.
- Tap the “Log On” tab.
- Enter your E-Trade user ID in the first tab of the menu.
- Enter your E-Trade password in the second blank space of the menu.
- Tap the “Remember my user ID” box. Your browser will then autofill the user ID on your next log in.
- Tap the “Log On” tab at the bottom of the E-Trade login menu after filling in your login credentials.
While you can use the instructions above to login to your E-Trade account on a mobile browser as well, it’s easier to just use the mobile apps they provide. E-Trade’s mobile apps give you real time updates on all your investments, and let you easily manage your account. Here’s how to login to the app from a few common types of phones.
E-Trade Login Instructions on iOS
- Download the Apple version of the app from the iTunes Store.
- Open the app after installation by clicking the icon with E-Trade logo on it.
- Select the sign in option when you open the app.
- Type your username and password into the appropriate fields.
- Click the button that says “log on.”
E-Trade Login Instructions on Android
- Go to Google Play Store and download the E-Trade app for Androids.
- Tap the purple and green icon to open the app.
- Choose the login option from the app home screen.
- Write your username and password in the correct areas.
- Tap the button labeled “Log on.”
E-Trade Login Difficulties
Keep in mind that you will need to register for online access before logging in to your account for the first time. If you have forgotten your username or password, click the relevant link in the login area. This will redirect you to a form that lets you recover lost login information.
E-Trade Account Access – Useful Info & Links
To learn more about the services offered by E-Trade, check out their informative FAQ section. If you have any other questions about E-Trade, you can email them by filling out their online email form. For general inquiries, you can also call the company at 1-800-387-2331. To find the phone numbers and addresses for individual departments, check out the contact directory on the E-Trade website.