There may come a time when you want to delete Yahoo account. Whether it’s because you are concerned about the Yahoo security breach, or simply want to start a new Yahoo account with a new ID, getting rid of an old Yahoo account can be a good idea. To delete Yahoo account, you’ll first have to login to Yahoo account. After that, the process is relatively simple. The following sections will outline the account deletion procedure.
How to Delete My Yahoo Account: Step-by-step Instructions
- Login to your Yahoo account by entering your email and password into the appropriate fields.
- Click the “Help” option in the lower, right-hand part of the page.
- Select “My account”.
- Choose the “Register or delete account” option and then click on “Closing your Yahoo account”.
- Hit the “Account termination” link.
- Enter your Yahoo login information once again to confirm that you are the account owner.
- Read the information about closing your account.
- Enter your Yahoo password again to confirm that you wish to close the account. Enter the Captcha to show that you are not a bot. This will complete the deletion process.
How to Delete My Yahoo Account Using a Mobile Device
To delete Yahoo account from your mobile device, you’ll need to follow a series of steps similar to the ones outlined above.
- First, open your Yahoo email app
- Remove the Yahoo app from your mobile device
- After removing the Yahoo email app from your device, you will have to access your account from the browser app. Simply removing the app from your phone will not delete Yahoo account.
- Go to www.yahoo.com
- Access the delete Yahoo account page
- Read the disclaimer and verify your identity by entering your Yahoo email password
- Enter the captcha code if necessary
- Tap the “Terminate account” button to complete the Yahoo account deletion process
When you delete your account with Yahoo, all of your old contacts, saved attachments, and messages will be removed. Flickr users should be careful because they will also lose their Flickr account along with their Yahoo ID.
Your Yahoo account will not be deleted automatically. Your account will simply be “deactivated”. It will take 90 days for your account information to be deleted. During this time, you can change your mind at any point, and reactivate your Yahoo email account. Any other answers about how to delete Yahoo account can be answered through the Yahoo Help Center.