If you currently have a TextNow account but would like to get rid of it, uninstalling the TextNow app will not be enough if you have a premium TextNow account. Your TextNow account will still be active, and you may have to pay fees. In this guide, we will show you how to properly delete TextNow account.
How to Delete TextNow Account: Step-by-step Instructions
If you are using the free TextNow app, deleting your TextNow account is quite simple. Just follow the steps below.
- First, uninstall the TextNow app from your device. You can uninstall a phone app by tapping on the app’s name in your Settings and choosing the “Uninstall” option.
- After you remove the app from your device, your phone number will be released in seven days, if you do not reactivate the account.
If you have a premium TextNow account, it will a little bit more complicated to delete TextNow account.
- Before you can delete the TextNow app, you must cancel your Premium subscription. If you delete the TextNow app without canceling your TextNow subscription, you may still be charged.
- To cancel your TextNow subscription, you must first open the TextNow app.
- Go to the Account Balance section of the TextNow main menu
- Choose the Manage Subscription option. From here, you can unsubscribe to Premium plan.
- Once you have unsubscribed, you can delete the TextNow app.
- After deleting your TextNow app, your phone number will be released in a week, just as it would be if you were using a free plan.
These are the basic steps you need to follow to delete TextNow account. If you ever decide to reactivate your TextNow account, you can easily do so by reinstalling the TextNow app. Once the app is installed, all you have to do is to go through the TextNow login procedure.
For further details regarding the TextNow app and how you can sign up for TextNow or how to delete TextNow account, visit their official website, www.textnow.com. You can find the TextNow customer service contact options in the Support section of the textnow.com website.