The image sharing software of Snapchat may be fun, but it also provides some issues. Some users are subjected to unwanted attention and others find that the app is too distracting. However, just deleting the app does not actually remove your account information, and you cannot delete your account from within the app. If you decide that Snapchat is no longer for you, read this article to learn the step by step method to delete Snapchat account.
How to Delete my Snapchat Account: Step-by-step Instructions
- Go to the website version of Snapchat atÂ www.snapchat.comÂ in any type of computer or smartphone web browser.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and pick the “Support” option under the “Community” heading.
- Type “delete” into the support search bar and then click on the “Delete an Account” option that appears in the drop down menu to quickly reach the account deletion page.
- Enter the username for your Snapchat account into the first box.
- Enter the password for your account into the second box.
- Click on the box next to the words “I’m not a robot” to confirm that you are not a bot.
- Click the grey “Log In” button.
- Scroll all the way down once again.
- Choose the “Delete my account” option and confirm that you wish to delete your account when asked.
Once you follow these steps, your account will be deleted. Old Snapchat friends and followers will no longer be able to see your account. However, Snapchat will save your account information for 30 days. During this time, you can reactivate your account just by logging in. However, after the wait period is up, the deleteÂ Snapchat account process will becomeÂ permanent. If you need more personalized help, you can talk to a customer support representative throughÂ the Snapchat Support Center.