Clients use the Norton account to manage their subscription to the company’s various anti-virus services. If you are no longer using Norton products, having an account can become somewhat unnecessary. However, there is no straightforward way to remove your account. Instead, you will need to contact customer support and ask them to remove it. If you need to delete Norton account, you can follow the steps in this article. We will show you how to cancel a Norton account. At the end of the article, we have provided Norton customer service contact information.
How to Cancel a Norton Account: Step-by-step Instructions
- Go to us.norton.com and click the “Sign In” link in the top, right hand corner to login to your Norton account. For the complete list of sign in instructions you can take a look at our Norton login guide.
- Click the Support option at the top of the page to go to customer support and click the “Chat Now” button.
- Fill out the form with your contact information and request that Norton delete your account. You will normally get a reply within an hour or two.
- Read the email asking you to confirm that you want to delete Norton account.
- Reply saying you understand that your account will be entirely removed. Also state that you still want to go ahead with the process to delete your Norton login.
It can take a little time to actually cancel a Norton account and delete it, but customer service representatives at Norton are generally very accommodating. Once you delete Norton account, you will no longer be able to access Norton services until you create a new accont.
If you run into any issues with customer service, you can email the corporation’s privacy team at email@example.com. Part of their user privacy agreement includes the right to request the removal of your information. As a result the privacy team can facilitate account deletion.