People who successfully use Match.com may need to delete their dating account after getting into a serious relationship. Others get tired of mediocre dates or online harassers, so they decide to stop dating online. Regardless of your reasons, you can read this article to learn how to delete Match account.
How to Delete Match Account: Step-by-step Instructions
- Enter your email address and password at www4.match.com/login/. If you’re having trouble with the login procedure, take a look at our guide on how to login to your Match.com account.
- Click on your account name that appears in the top, right hand corner. This will cause a menu to drop down.
- Select the “My account settings” option and scroll down to the bottom of the account settings page.
- Select the link that says “To suspend or delete your account click here”.
- Ignore the button for suspending your account. Look at the bottom of the page for the phrase, “To delete your account and permanently remove your profile from the site, click here.” Click this link.
- Enter the email address and password for your Match.com account in the correct fields and click “Save”.
- Click “Save” on the next page that warns you about closing your account.
- Click the “Delete Account” button to confirm your account deletion.
Throughout the account deletion process, Match.com will repeatedly suggest that you suspend your account instead. However, ignore these options if you want to permanently delete Match.com account. Once you finish the account deletion steps, your information, profile, contacts, and message history will all be erased. There will be no way to reactivate the account. If you are having trouble deleting your account, you can email a Match.com representative for more help on how to delete Match account. If you have any experience deleting your Match account, tell us about it in the comments!