Kik is a messaging app that aims to foster connections and make it easier to contact people. However, if you are tired of having to respond to constant messages, it can be relaxing to delete your Kik account. Even if you are not trying to cutback on your smartphone use, you may want to delete Kik account after finding a better messaging app. If you are interested in learning how to delete Kik account, read this article for step by step advice.
How to Delete My Kik Account: Step-by-step Instructions
1. Open the Kik app on your smartphone. You will need to logout here before you delete your Kick account.
2. Select the “Settings” option to open a menu.
3. Choose the button for “Your Account”.
4. Tap on “Log Out”.
5. EnterÂ ws.kik.com/deactivateÂ in a web browser to go to the official Kik deactivation page.
Â 6. Enter the email address associated with your Kik account into the box.
7. Click on the green button that says “Go!”
8. Wait a few minutes for Kik to send you a deactivation email. If you do not see it, check in your spam folder.
9. Follow the prompts in the email to finish removing your Kik account. You will just need to quickly confirm that you do want to delete the Kik account.
These instructions work on different Kik versions, but if you have an outdated version of Kik, you might see “Reset Kik” instead of “Log Out.” Deleting your Kik account will complete remove it. People will not be able to search for your name, and your username will be removed from your contacts’ list. You will not be able to reactivate it. If you need more help deleting your account, you can contact Kik customer service byÂ filling out this form.