Hotmail is perhaps one of the oldest email service providers. It was acquired by Microsoft. Recently, the Hotmail email service underwent a full rebranding. This email service provider is still going strong. Still, chances are your Hotmail account is pretty old. There situations in which deleting Hotmail accounts might be a good idea. In this article, we will show you how to delete Hotmail account. If you want to delete your Hotmail account for safety reasons, you may be able to save your Hotmail account and just reset Hotmail password.
How to Delete My Hotmail Account: Step-by-step Instructions
- Go to www.hotmail.com. This website will redirect you to the Windows Live website since Hotmail is now part of the Windows Live package.
- Before you can begin to delete your Hotmail account, you will have to go through the Hotmail login procedure.
- Enter your Hotmail address and password to access your email account.
- Once you access your Hotmail account, click on your profile picture. It should be in the right-hand corner of the page. This will open a drop-down menu.
- Pick the “Account Settings” option on the menu.
- Go all the way to the bottom of the page and click the blue link that says “Close my account”. This option will guide through the procedure to delete Hotmail account.
- Read the cautionary information about the consequences of closing an account and then click “Next”.
- Tick all the necessary boxes to acknowledge that you have read the Hotmail account deletion advice.
- Type in your password to confirm you are the owner of the Hotmail account.
- Click the blue “Mark account for closure” button at the bottom of the page.
Your Hotmail account will not be automatically deleted after you mark it for closure. Instead, it will take 60 days to fully delete Hotmail account. During these days, you can change your mind and reactivate your account. To do so, all you need to do is go through the Hotmail login procedure and unmark the account.
Make sure you do not have any other online accounts associated with your Hotmail email. Once you delete Hotmail account, you may be unable to access these accounts. Instead, change the email address associated with your online accounts to your current one before you start the account deletion process.
For more information on how to delete Hotmail account, visit the Microsoft Support Center. You can find advice and tips about Hotmail accounts in the Outlook.com section.