An eBay account is used to sell and bid on products online, but many people choose to close their account if they have difficulties with online shopping. You will not be able to close your account until any suspensions or restrictions are cleared up. You also must pay for any bought items and ship any sold items. If everything is order, you can move on to how to delete an eBay account permanently.
How to Delete My eBay Account: Step-by-step Instructions
- Open the eBay website, www.ebay.com.
- Click the My eBay link at the top of the page. You will be redirected to the eBay login menu.
- Enter your eBay login credentials in the login menu.
- Request to cancel your account.
- Choose the reason you want to delete eBay account from the drop down menu.
- Click “Continue” once you have specified the reason behind your choice. eBay will then take you to a page that provides a brief solution to the issue.
- Scroll past the solution to the drop down list that asks “Did this solve your problem?”
- Choose either the “No. Please close my account” or the “Yes, but I still want to close my account” choice and click “Continue”.
- Read the eBay warning about deleting your eBay account, and then check the box next to “I read and understand the above information.
- Click the “Close My Account” button.
That’s how to delete an eBay account. Keep in mind that your account is not automatically deleted when you close it. eBay requires a two month waiting period to make sure that you do not have any outstanding debts or other issues. You can cancel the account deletion during this time period. Once the two months is up, the account is removed and cannot be reactivated. If you run into any issues during the account deletion process, you can contact eBay through their Customer Service page. If you still have money left in your eBay account balance, be sure to request a refund before starting the account deletion process. If you have outstanding payments, you will be unable to delete your account until those paymentes have been made.