The file saving and file sharing services of Dropbox may be useful, but you might discover that you are not using your Dropbox account anymore. More and more programs are starting to come with cloud storage and sharing features, so you may end up no longer needing your account with Dropbox. Fortunately, Dropbox has worked hard to make account deletion easy. If you decide to delete Dropbox account, you can follow the steps in this article to remove it.
How to Delete My Dropbox Account: Step-by-step Instructions
- Login to your Dropbox account by entering your email address and password at www.dropbox.com/login.
- Enter www.dropbox.com/account/delete in a web browser to go to Dropbox’s handy account deletion tool. This only works through the desktop version of the website, so you cannot use the app or the mobile website to delete your account.
- Type your Dropbox password into the box below the words “Please enter your password” to confirm that you have the authority to delete the account.
- Choose a reason for why you are leaving Dropbox from the drop down menu beneath the words “Why are you leaving?”
- Type more about your reason for leaving in the “Care to elaborate?” box if you want to provide more feedback. This step is optional.
- Click the blue button that says “Delete my account”.
Keep in mind that you will need to cancel your subscription before following these deletion steps if you were a Dropbox Pro subscriber. Once you delete Dropbox account, any previously synced Dropbox files will remain on your computer or phone. However, any unsynced files will be erased. Dropbox files tht you’ve shared with other users will also remain on their computers, so long as they were synced, or saved locally.