You may want to delete your Amazon account if you are fed up with auto payments or want to curb a shopping addiction. However, Amazon does not make it easy to delete an account. You could just never use the account again, but you have to talk to customer service to actually delete it. This article will help you to navigate through all the steps needed to delete Amazon account. We also recommend reading about how to logout from your Amazon account.
How to Delete My Amazon Account
- Login to your Amazon account from www.amazon.com
- Scroll down to the “Let Us Help You” section at the very bottom of the page.
- Click on the “Help” option.
- Scroll down to the bottom of Help Topics list and choose the “Need More Help” option.
- Select the “Contact Us” choice.
- Choose the “Prime or Something else” option when asked what they can help you with.
- Go to the second step that says “Tell us more about your issue,” and pick the “Account Settings” option.
- Choose the “Close My Account” option under the “Select Issue Details” option.
- Choose your contact option of either emailing, calling, or chatting with an Amazon representative.
- Ask to close your account once you are speaking with the customer service representative.
The main difficulty in closing an Amazon account is just getting the customer service representative to do it. They might try to push you into retaining the account, but stay firm with your delete Amazon account decision. After you make it clear that you do not want the account, Amazon will close it for you. This will permanently delete the account and prevent reactivation. You can get more help closing your account through the Help & Customer Service section of the website.