When you get a Cisco router, you can set it up by accessing the Cisco router account. This is a built in web page that lets you change your settings and manage the router connectivity. Though logging in to a router is a little different than the basic account log in, it is not extremely difficult. This article will walk you through the steps needed to accessÂ your Cisco router login account.
Cisco Router Login Step-by-step Instructions
- Open your preferred web browser, such as Internet Explorer or Chrome.
- Type the IP address associated with your router into the address bar at the top of the browser. Most Cisco routers will use 184.108.40.206 as their default IP address. If this does not work, check the back of the router to see if a different IP address is listed.
- Wait for a new window to pop up that asks for a username and password.
- Type in “admin” as the default user name for a Cisco router. If you have previously changed the username associated with the router to something else, type that in instead.
- Type in “admin” as the default password for a Cisco router. This password will not be accepted if you have already changed the password to something else.
- Click the “OK” button to finish login and access your Cisco account.
Cisco Router Login Guidelines for Mobile Access
Because Cisco router login is so simple, the company has not seen any need to create mobile apps for their router accounts.
Cisco Router Login Instructions on iOS
There is no app for Cisco available for the iPhone. You can just open the Safari web browser and login normally through the mobile browser.
Cisco Router Login Instructions on Android
Because there is no Android Cisco app, you will need to use your phone’s web browser to login to your Cisco account.
Cisco Router Login Difficulties
The main difficulty most people face when logging in is being unable to find the correct IP address, username, and password to use. If a previous owner changed the router settings to something you cannot remember, it is possible to restore the default login information. Look on the back of the router for a reset button and hold this button for 30 seconds until it blinks. This will restore the router to factory settings. All previous settings will be lost, and “admin” will work as the username and password again.
Cisco Router Account Access – Useful Info & Links
After completing your Cisco Router Account login, you can manage your account. If you want to learn more about the potential actions available, you can check outÂ the Cisco Support Center. Click on the “Routers” section to look at guides for each individual router type produced by Cisco. If you have any further questions, call theÂ support contact number for your location to talk directly to a member of Cisco’s technical support services.