With an Apple ID and password, you can connect multiple Apple devices and use many different Apple services with the same account. If you forget this password, you may lose access to many important services. As long as you have the email address used to sign up for your Apple ID, you can quickly recover a forgotten password. This article will show you how to manage theÂ Apple ID password reset in just a few simple steps.
How to Reset Your Apple ID Password: Step-by-step Instructions
- Go to the sign in page for an Apple account atÂ appleid.apple.com.
- Select the “Forgot Apple ID or password?” link at the bottom of the screen.
- Enter your Apple ID into the box, and choose the password reset option. Then click “Continue”.
- Choose your Password recovery method, such as answering security questions or getting an email sent to an alternate email account.
- Follow Apple’s prompts for your chosen method. You may need to provide answers to a questionnaire or wait for them to text you a verification code.
- Enter any verification codes you were sent and follow the link given to reset your password.
Depending on the method you choose, it may take a few days to completely verify your identity and achieve the Apple ID password reset. There are four different options, so most people can get their password even if they do not have all account security features enabled. If you are still having trouble finding your password after following these steps, you canÂ contact Apple SupportÂ to recover your login information.