American Express provides all sorts of financial services, but one of their most popular is the American Express credit cards, which are frequently just called Amex. If you have one of these cards, you can use their online website to complete the Amex login process and access your account. This allows you to take a look at statements, pay bills, and approve charges.
Our guide to the Amex login process will walk you through each step of the login and show you how to solve common issues. In this article, you can find out everything you need to know about logging in to your Amex account.
Amex Login Step-by-step Instructions
To check on your Amex account from any convenient computer, just follow these steps.
1. Open a new web browser page and access the American Express website.
2. Look on the left side of the page for a login area.
3. Use the drop down menu at the top of the login area to select the part of the Amex website, such as the card center, that you would like to access immediately upon login.
4. Enter the username for your Amex account into the box that is on the left side of the login area and says “User ID.”
5. Write the password for your account in the box that is on the right side and says “Password.”
6. Put a checkmark in the “Remember Me” box to store your login information on your computer. Only do this on a private, secure computer.
7. Enter any security information, such as your Personal Security Key, that the website requests.
8. Click the blue button with a padlock icon that says “Log In.”
Amex Login Guidelines for Mobile Access
Users can just use the above steps to login to their Amex account from a mobile web browser, but the Amex mobile app is even more convenient. It sends alerts right to your phone and lets you easily view your account on the go. Use these steps to get the app and login from an Android or Apple smartphone.
Amex Login Instructions on iOS
1. Go to the iTunes store to get the app for iPhones.
2. Follow instructions to install the app, and then open it by clicking the Amex icon.
3. Type your user ID and password into the designated fields.
4. Press your finger to the print sensor if requested.
5. Click the login button to sign in.
Amex Login Instructions on Android
1. Get the Android app by going to Google Play Store.
2. Install the app on your phone then tap the blue and white Amex icon to open it.
3. Write your user ID and password into the appropriate areas.
4. Provide any verification or security confirmations needed by the app.
5. Click the button that says “Log in.”
Amex Login Difficulties
Most people run into login problems because they are entering their information incorrectly. You can make sure you are using the right data by clicking the “Forgot User ID or Password?” link beneath the login button.
Make sure you are using a browser with SSL encryption enabled to prevent any login errors due to website incompatibility. If you are having any other problems, you can check the frequently asked questions section for more advice.
Amex Account Access – Useful Info & Links
There are several ways to get in touch with Amex if you have any more questions for them. Customer service can be reached 24/7 by calling 1-800-528-4800. You can also reach them by using the live chat option found upon login or by mailing a letter to American Express, P.O.Box 981535, El Paso, TX 79998-1535.