Whether you want to start a new account, get rid of embarrassing Tweets, or just stop using Twitter altogether, it’s useful to know how to get rid of your Twitter account. This article will show you how to delete a Twitter account. We will guide you through each step of the delete Twitter process and show you what happens after you delete your Twitter account.
How to Delete a Twitter Account: Step-by-step Instructions
There are two main stages to delete your Twitter account. First, you will have to deactivate your Twitter account. Your account will be permanently deleted after a short waiting period. Below are instructions on how to deactivate your Twitter account and what you need to do to make sure your have permanently deleted your Twitter account.
- Go to twitter.com in a web browser and log in to your account.
- Hover your mouse over the profile icon in the upper right-hand corner and then pick the “Settings” option.
- Click on the “Deactivate my account” option at the bottom of the Twitter account settings page.
- Read through the information about closing an account and then confirm you understand by clicking “Okay, fine, deactivate account.”
- Type in your Twitter password to verify your identity.
- Click the account deactivation one last time to finish deleting your account for good.
This is how to deactivate your Twitter account. After completing these steps, Twitter will keep your account data for 30 days. Though your account will not be visible online, you can reactivate it by logging in during this time period. If you wait more than 30 days, it cannot be reactivated and your information will be deleted. And that is how to delete a Twitter account. You cannot speed up the delete Twitter account process, unfortunately.
If you run into any trouble, you can read the deactivation help page for more information. If you want to know more about how to delete a Twitter account, you can also contact Twitter support. You can do so by filling out their contact form, messaging the Twitter support account, or calling them at 415-222-9670.