Mint is a useful internet service that helps people keep track of their spendings and savings. Whether you have found a new budgeting service or just want to cut back on the amount of personal information you share online, this guide will teach you how to delete a Mint account.
We are going to guide you through each step of deleting your Mint account and show you how to contact Mint customer service if anything goes wrong.
How to Delete a Mint Account: Step-by-step Instructions
1. Go to the official Mint website in a web browser and sign in to your account if you are not already logged in.
2. Find the “Settings” option at the top of the webpage and click on it.
3. Select the “Sign In & Security” option on the menu at the left of the Settings page.
4. Go down to the bottom of the page to find the account deletion area.
5. Click “Delete your Mint Account.”
6. Confirm that you really do want to delete your account by clicking “YES.”
7. Enter your password to confirm that the account in question is actually your account.
8. Click the button that says “Finish” to delete your account.
Once you delete your account, you cannot reactivate it. Within two to three days of receiving the deletion confirmation email, your financial data on Mint will be deleted. You can learn more about this by reading the Mint article on account deletion. To speak directly to a Mint customer service representative for more assistance, click the Email or Chat option on their contact directory page.