Paypal is one of the most trusted methods of transferring money and paying for items on the internet. However, many people choose to close their Paypal accounts due to security concerns. Some users may also have or a desire to curb online shopping addictions. Because Paypal has so many security features, closing an account with them can be a slightly complicated process. If you want to learn how to delete Paypal account, read this article and follow its easy step by step instructions.
How to Delete my Paypal Account: Step-by-step Instructions
- Open PayPalÂ in your web browser.
- Log in to your account by clicking on the button in the top, right hand corner and typing in your email and password.
- Check your account to see if you have any pending payments or an outstanding balance. If you do, you must withdraw any funds and cancel any payments before Paypal will allow you to close the account.
- Click on the settings icon which looks like a small, grey gear. It is located next to the logout button.
- Select the “Account” tab at the top of the settings page.
- Scroll to the bottom and click on the link “Close your account” in the lower, left hand corner.
- Follow the verification prompts that come up. They will ask you to give a reason for closing your account.
- Click the yellow “Close Account” button after filling in all of the required verification information.
When you delete Paypal account, the action is completely permanent and cannot be reversed. Paypal does not let you close your account if there are any unresolved issues. This means that if your account has a limit because Paypal is waiting on documents or email confirmations, you will have to take care of it before closing your account. You canÂ contact Paypal throughÂ their help centerÂ if you are running into any problems while trying to close your account.