Many people get prepaid debit cards through their NetSpend account. However, if you are no longer using NetSpend services, you may wish to remove your account. Since most NetSpend accounts are associated with money, the account removal process can take a little extra time. Before you close your account, you will need to remove extra funds from any cards you have with NetSpend. This article will walk you through the procedure needed to cancel your NetSpend card and delete NetSpend account.
How to Delete NetSpend Account: Step-by-step Instructions
- Enter NetSpend.com into your web broswer and login to your NetSpend account.
- Before you cancel your NetSpend card and delete your NetSpend account, you should remove all your funds from the account. There are are two ways in which you can do this
- Choose the “Request a Check” option and ask to the officials to email you a check for your full NetSpend balance. This will take a few weeks, and NetSpend will charge you a fee of $5.95.
- You can also withdraw your deposits from an ATM. This method of clearing your NetSpend account is much quicker than a check. However, usually you cannot draw more than $20 at a time, and you will have to pay a withdrawal fee each time. Depending on how much money you have in your NetSpend account, this can add up.
- After you clear your NetSpend account, you can call NetSpend customer service at 1-866-930-9924 to ask them to fully delete NetSpend account.
Once you have removed all of the money from your NetSpend account, the account is technically inactive. However, if you want to delete NetSpend account and user information, you will need to call customer service. Keep in mind that the ATM method normally only works if the amount in the account can be dispensed in $20 bills. If you have more questions about how to delete NetSpend account you can speak to customer service through email or phone.