Asus manufactures many different technological devices, including routers. If you own an Asus router, you can configure it by logging into it through a web browser. Setting up your router for the first time can be hard, but this article makes it easy with step by step instructions for the Asus router default login process.
Asus Router Default Login Step-by-step Instructions
- Check your router’s IP address, and then type the IP address directly into a web browser. The default is 192.168.1.1, but it is possible for the IP address to change.
- Go to router.asus.com if you do not know the router’s IP address. The company’s website will automatically find the router’s IP address for you as long as the device is connected to the internet.
- Type your Asus router default username into the first box. The default username is “admin”, and it will not change unless you alter your router’s settings.
- Type your Asus router default password into the second box. For most types of Asus routers, this password is “admin”. However, some models use “password” as the password. Neither default password will work if you have changed your password previously.
- Select the box to remember your password if you want to store these login credentials. As a rule, if this is the first time you are accessing your Asus router, do not save the Asus router default login information. Create a unique username and password for your device to keep it secure.
- Click on the “OK” button to login.
- Wait a moment and the Asus Router interface will load.
Asus Router Login Guidelines for Mobile Access
Because the options offered by logging in to an Asus router are somewhat limited, there is no need for a mobile app. If you want to configure your router with a smartphone, you can just use the phone’s web browser to login.
Asus Router Default Login Difficulties
The Asus router default passwords should work for login unless they were previously changed by a user. If this happens, it can easily be fixed by restoring the router to factory settings. All you have to do is hold the white reset button on your router down for 30 seconds. This will reset the router to default, and then you can use the original Asus router default username and password to login. Once you are logged in for the first time, it is wise to change the default password to something original. This will keep unauthorized users from having access to your router.
Asus Account Access – Useful Info & Links
If you are having any trouble logging in to your Asus router or learning how to configure it, the Asus support center can help. They may be able to provide you with your Asus router password if the default is not working and you do not want to reset it. Their helpful guides can also answer most questions about Asus router configuration. There are links to call, email, or do a live chat with customer service representatives if you need more information.