Since your Amazon account typically contains credit card information, it is important to never leave it logged in on an unattended or public computer. However, the Amazon logout is not an obvious button anywhere on the page. It will require you to go through a few steps to find the logout area. This guide will show you how to logout of Amazon on a computer or mobile device.
How to Logout of Amazon Step-by-step Instructions
- Go to the amazon.com homepage if you are not already using Amazon. You can logout from any page on the website.
- Look at the dark grey banner across the upper half of the page to find the “Your Account” section towards the right side of the banner.
- Hover your mouse over the words “Your Account” until a drop down menu appears.
- Scroll down through all of the various options in the drop down menu.
- Choose the “Not (Your name)? Sign Out” choice located at the very bottom of the drop down menu. This will sign you out of your account.
Remember that this will only sign out your Amazon account on the current webpage. If you want to logout of Amazon on all devices, you will need to change your password. This will keep people from accessing your Amazon account even on devices you did not physically logout of.
Amazon Logout Guidelines for Mobile Devices
You can logout of Amazon from a mobile device as well. In this first section, we will show you how to logout of Amazon if you do not have the Amazon app installed on your device.
- Open the Amazon website, www.amazon.com on your device’s browser.
- Hover over the Your Account tab on the www.amazon.com main page.
- Find the Sign Out option and tap it.
If you have an iPhone, it is very fast and easy to logout of your Amazon account from the iOS app. The Amazon mobile logout process takes slightly longer on Android because you have to go through a few different pages on the app.
How to Logout of Amazon on iOS
- Open the Amazon app by clicking the icon on your menu.
- Go to the home screen of the app if you are not already there.
- Tap the “Sign Out” option.
How to Logout of Amazon on Android
- Open your Amazon app by tapping the Amazon icon.
- Tap the icon for the menu which is three horizontal lines located in the upper, left hand corner.
- Scroll down to the very bottom of the menu underneath the “More” section.
- Select the choice that says “Not (Name)? Sign out.”
Amazon Logout Difficulties
If you have a Windows 8 tablet, it can be tricky to logout because hovering and drop down menus are not enabled on this touch-based operating system. To logout of Amazon’s Windows 8 app, follow the “help” link at the top of the page. Go to “My account” and then choose the “sign out” option. If you are logged in to an Amazon account through a mobile web browser like Safari, it can also be difficult to find the logout option. You can just clear the cookies, data, and history to remove any memory of your password. Keep in mind that option will remove passwords from all websites.
Amazon Account – Useful Info & Links
The “Managing Your Account” section of the Amazon customer service area provides useful information if you are trying to logout of your Amazon account. You can also contact their customer service representatives directly by clicking the “Help” option in the banner, choosing the “Need More Help?” option on the page, and then clicking the “Contact Us” link. If you decide to completely delete your Amazon account, simply follow our instructions.